Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day is a day of remembrance for pregnancy loss and infant death which includes but is not limited to miscarriagestillbirthSIDS, or the death of a newborn. It is observed annually in the United States and Canada and, in recent years, in the United Kingdom, on October 15.
The day is observed with remembrance ceremonies and candle-lighting vigils, concluding with the International Wave of Light, a worldwide lighting of candles at 7:00 p.m.



Today I am doing a special manicure in rememberance of all the angel babies out there. It is said that 1 out of every 4 women experience this loss. I never knew about this day until I became that 1. I found out I was pregnant on January 31st. This would be the first child together for my fiance and I. At my 12 week appointment on March 21st, I found out the baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks. They called it a "blighted ovum"/missed miscarriage. I was so devastated and in shock. I could not stop crying. I went to that appointment alone because it was my fiance's first day of his new job. 2 days later i went to the hospital for the D&C.


This month is hard for me because October 5th was my due date. That day I sat at home all day sad and crying. But i know my day will come when we have a little bundle of joy to add to our beautiful family. 


O.P.I. What's with the cattitude and Sparrow me the drama,  ChG  Fairy Dust




So this is for all the families who suffered the loss of their little angels and mine too and to always remember our angels. 




Thank you so much for taking the time to read this because its not mainly about polish. It was very hard and painful   to talk about it but I want people that have gone through this, to know that they are not alone. After it happened, my emotions were all over the place. I was sad, blaming myself, angry. I couldnt even be around my sister-n-law because she was pregnant. But what I found that helped me were the pregnancy forums. I would always look in the pregnancy loss section and read peoples comments and to see how supportive they were of each other. I would also look at the pregnancy after loss section and see that many women had successful pregnancies after. One day my beautiful 5 year old son and 12 year old stepdaughter will have another brother or sister....or both :)

No comments:

Post a Comment